Thursday, July 23, 2009

Zucchini Bread Recipe~

*Zucchini-Pineapple Bread*

In a previous post I said I would post my zucchini bread recipe
that I use to cook up all the yummy zucchini that comes from my hubbys garden!
This recipe is so moist and yummy!
I love the bread fresh out of the oven-slathered with some butter!
Mmmmm


This recipe is passed down from my Mothers Recipe Collection~

Ingredients:
3 eggs
2 c Sugar
1 c Vegy oil
3 c Flour
2 c Grated Zucchini
1 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Cinnamon
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Drained half can of Crushed Dole Pineapple (the big can)
optional: Chopped Pecans


Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Spray sides & bottom of a loaf pan with Pam FLOUR butter spray and set aside.
Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon & nuts in Medium bowl.
In another Large bowl, mix eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla.
Then mix in zucchini and pineapple with eggs mixture bowl.
Add all the dry ingredients to the egg mixture bowl and mix very well.
Pour half of mixture into sprayed loaf pan.
Bake at 325 for 1 hour (or when toothpick comes out clean)
Makes 2 yummy loaves of bread!

My kids love to help make these
and then eat them for breakfast with some cold milk!
Delicious and ENJOY!
Somer Jane

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I will have to give this a try!

Andrea said...

Yum -- looks and sounds really good. Probably smells delicious, too, but I am such a non-baker when it has so many ingredients. I'll see if I can give it a go sometime!

Susana said...

I LOVE anything baked with zucchini!! Thank you so much for linking up and sharing this. I know I will be trying it!!