Saturday, September 25, 2010

Our New Baby~ 'McAdoo~

Wonderful True Story that happened today~
This morning I was driving Hayden to Saturday
gymnastics down a back country road that runs alongside
a creek called McAdoo (Mac-A-Doo).
I'm coming around a curve and I see a box turtle right at the
edge of the road fixing to cross and become road-kill.
My Mommy-instinct kicked in and I couldn't allow this poor
lil' turtle to get run over so I pulled the car over and walked
back with my son Hayden to get the turtle out of the road...
luckily not a minute later a car passes us by so I felt like
I saved the poor turtle!
Hayden said, "Mom we should drive up the way and let him out
at the creekbed". I said, 'Hayden you are soo smart lets get him across
the road to the creek where he was trying to go".
We drive just a few yards up the road to where they have
a clearing and you can walk easily to the creekbed.
I pull the car over and turn the engine off and Hayden starts
yelling at me...
"Mom a kitty...Mom theres a kitty!!"
I'm like what?
"No, Hayden we have a turtle in our hands not a kitty, Your not
making sense buddy?"
He says, "No look there, a kitty by our car"
I open the door and hear the frantic Meows of a kitty
but still dont see a kitty only Hayden holding this turtle.
So I watch Hayden walk up to a super small kitty
just curled up in the rocks next to the road.
I have to be honest he was so close to the road I thought he
had been hit by a car and was just laying there.
But he jumped up and starting loving all over
Haydens legs and shoes like it was love at first sight or something.
So Hayden had the turtle in his hands and then the kitty
at his feet and I'm thinking what the heck is going on?
I was first contemplating just keeping the turtle and taking him home
but then I quickly nixed that crazy notion and said nahh.
Now, as we were dropping the turtle off to the creek bed,
we stumble right on a precious baby kitten.
WOW, all in a 10 minute time frame.
So, I'm like, "Hayden lets go walk the turtle to the creek
sweetie and let him go"
Of course as we are walking, the kitten starts running along with us
practically tripping Hayden in the process by running between
his legs while he is holding the turtle.
Soo we let the turtle go in the creek and this kitten is just hanging
out by Haydens feet, meowing away.
I keep looking around waiting for a big momma cat to
come out of the bushes or more kittens to appear.
Nothing was around except Hayden, myself, the creek and of course
the turtle...
So, Hayden is like "Mommy what are we going to do with this kitty?"
I keep looking and listening.
Umm, I can't just leave this poor baby kitten to get run over by
a car or eaten by some bigger animal out here.
"Hayden I guess we will take it home...."
So, here is our newest member of the family that we saved.
Hayden and I named him, 'McAdoo'
after the creek we found him next too all by his lonesome.
'Lyza and I took him to the Vet for a check-up and to see maybe
how old he was. Well he was given a great bill of health and
the Vet says he was only about 4 or 5 weeks old.
Just a baby! Poor thing
I want to say today that God put that turtle in our path
for a reason. He knew I would stop to help it cross the road to the creek.
God knew that we would take the turtle to the creekbed path off the road.
He knew that is where we would find the poor helpless abandoned
kitty that I can't believe was soo close to the road.
I wasn't looking for another pet today.
Wasn't thinking about having anymore family members either! ;-)
But, God intervined and I felt the turtle led us
to save this baby kitten and I couldn't turn away.
So Hayden (above) with his friend Garrett who was visiting us
from out of town this weekend had a blast making the
kitten feel welcomed and loved at his new home.
I will keep you posted in the future about
our new little baby boy~ 'McAdoo

Till then watch out for those turtles in the road!
Somer Jane

No comments: