Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Strawberry Pie & Berry-Delicious Strawberry-Daiquiri Cake Recipes~

Every year I get my craving for some red, Juicy~ STRAWBERRIES!!
Well, luckily we live about 20 miles away from a Strawberry Farm~
and every May they open for "Pick-Your-Own" strawberries at their farm!
We absolutely love going to the strawberry farm!
Here are two of my favorite recipes I like to use with our freshly
picked strawberries from the farm below.
They both are yummy and BERRY-DELICIOUS!!


Somer's Strawberry Pie

1 medium size bowl of washed, de-capped & halved strawberries
(bigger strawberries the better!!)
1 package of strawberry glaze
1 tub of cool whip
1 pie crust ( I prefer graham cracker crust)
To Make:
After you have washed and halved your fresh strawberries, let them sit a minute
in a colander or on a paper towel before adding to a big bowl.
In a big mixing bowl, mix the bag of strawberry glaze in with your
strawberries. Folding over gently to get all the strawberries saturated
with the red glaze. When mixed well, fill your pie crust with the
strawberry glaze mixture, spreading just to the edge of the pie crust.
Chill in fridge until ready to be served.
Top with as much cool whip as you can stand just before serving.
Enjoy this juicy-sweet PIE!



My 2nd recipe is Strawberry-Daiquiri Cake.
I actually got this recipe from a lady I worked with a few years back during the summers I worked for the city swimming pools.
Its popular and the best Spring/Summer recipe to take to cook-outs!
(I took this one to a Mothers Day Cookout this past weekend!)
My Handsome son who likes to cook and make things in the kitchen
supervised the mixing part of the cake today...
of course I think he really was waiting for the best part of
licking the mixer utensils after the cake was mixed to be honest! ;-)

Berry-Delicious Strawberry-Daiquiri Cake
I tried to remind myself to take a picture of the cake when I was done
but forgot and everyone started digging in before I finally got the camera
ready to take the cakes close-up! ha ha ;-)
It was really good though, I must say!!!


Berry Delicious Strawberry-Daiquiri Cake
Ingredients:
1 strawberry cake mix
1 (14 oz) can condensed milk
1 can frozen daiquiri mix (thawed)
1 (8 oz) container cool whip thawed
fresh strawberries

Directions:
Bake strawberry cake according to the directions on the box. Then after it comes out of oven while still warm make holes in the cake and pour condensed milk over cake. Then pour daiquiri mix over that. It will take a while for the liquid to soak into the cake. Let in cool in refrigerator for 45 minutes or so and then cover with coolwhip and then top with halved strawberries. Refrigerate.

It is very moist and berry-yummy!
You will love it I promise.
My next recipe I hope to post on here is a
Strawberry COBBLER!!
Mmmmm
But, first I need to go out and get some more berrys!
;-)


Enjoy~
Somer Jane

3 comments:

Elinor said...

What can I say but oh my gosh if I could just jump through a computer screen and get a piece or two of that cake - well... yummo does not do that picture justice.

jennwa said...

Both of those looks soooooo good. I will be making both. Thanks for sharing!!!

Heather said...

Hmmm...why didn't I get to taste test these two lovely looking scrumdidlyumptios recipes?!! Huh?