Tuesday, August 24, 2010





We went to Cheekwood to see CHIHULY today!
I have to admit I have never heard of CHIHULY till today but
Im soo glad that I now know what this CHIHULY is all about!
Beautiful hand-blown glass is what it is and its breathtaking~
My Aunt LeeAnne treated sister Kel and myself to the garden visit,
and afterward I treated everyone to lunch and an Art Museum visit to
the FRIST center in Nashville with more Chihuly!


Absolute wonderful day might I say~
I took this pic below of the dragonflies and lilypads at Cheekwood...
I thought it was magical~


I loved the beautiful Gardens at Cheekwood...

I have been before but it was late fall not summer.

Kelli and I posing infront of the chihuly filled pond


Aunt LeeAnne and Kelli in the Chihuly Bamboo Garden~
I bet this place is awesome at night time!

Chihuly on the wall inside the Frist Center

Decorating the garden pool next to the mansion

Say CHEESEEE!

This Chihuly stuff is really spectacular...
The Mansion and Gardens are gorgeous by themselves
but with the Chihuly everywhere it was like Wonderland!



Capturing a shot of Kelli infront of the Cheekwood mansion
and the Chihuly SUN sculpture...just gorgeous!

Chihuly in a boat....Chihuly in the moat...ha ha jk
(It was in a pond, but I feel like Dr. Seuss a little)
Chihuly all thoroughout the Japanese Gardens
Sooo ZEN!
CHIHULY's 30Ft tall SAFFRON TOWER!
This soo reminds me of something on the planet Krypton~
(yes Superman's home planet! hee)
I love this bright blue CHIHULY!!!
WHAT A PERFECT AND WONDEROUS DAY!!
THANK-YOU AUNT LEEANNE FOR THE TREAT and IDEA~
I know I enjoyed the trip tremendously!
Can't wait till our next GIRLS only outing but next time Randi
will be there too!! (Miss ya Randi)

If your interested in seeing the Cheekwood Chihuly on exhibit
you have until October to check this artwork out~
http://www.cheekwood.org/

Somer Jane



















No comments: