Wednesday, August 20, 2008

~Nature and a Boy~

"I'm hunting me some 'wrabbits' "! ha ha
Nah just BUGS!!
Chillaxin' for a bit watching the 'hum'birds with me
I just thought this was a cool shot of him looking for bugs!
A dragonfly landed infront of me on the slide..he was a pretty fellow!

These Cicadas are big BUGS!
He is just staring me down with his big eyes!
Maybe he thought we were related since I have big eyes too!! ha

A Hawk was flying by over us and circling..hope he didnt think we looked tasty! He looked so pretty though gliding around in the air

soaring above us~

Today Hayden and I spent some time together outside in the backyard while 'Lyza Jane took her daily nap.
It was some nice Mother/Son bonding time!
Hayden played in the pool while I took some pics of the 'Hum' birds.
(See previous post on 'Hum'birds for those pics)
But after awhile it seemed nature was coming out of the woodworks
wanting to have their picture taking too!! hee hee
I was just sitting there at one point taking pics of the 'Hum' Birds
and this giant cicada just flew in and landed right next to me
on the deck...I thought he was gonna land on me for a second.
So I snapped his pic while he was there posing for me.
I called Hayden over to check out our new friend and of course he
wanted to touch it and I said heck no he might bite or something...
(I dont know if cicadas do or not, but I wasnt taking chances)
But Hayden still being the 110% boy he is still went in to touch him
but Mr. Cicada wasnt giving autographs today so he flew off!
At least I took the pics first!! hee

Then Hayden caught two grasshoppers (or crickets) I couldn't tell.
He wanted to keep the one that didnt get away in his little net
as you can see from the pics below...
he even tried to make a home for poor Mr. Grasshopper or "Hopper"
as he calls them from the movie, A BUGS LIFE!
Which brings me to another story off this story ;-) ...
He caught a "Hopper" the other day and he tried to kill it and I said WAIT!!! "No, don't kill the grasshopper!!"
He said, "Momma he is "Hopper" and they are bad"!
"In the movie they are mean to the ants and are BAD" he said!
I wanted to laugh I really did but I said no "Hoppers" are not all bad
that was just a movie baby...
But now I wonder if I should be thinking more about these so called
movies and what it is telling my boy! ha ha ha "Death to HOPPERS!!"
Geez, anywho back on the subject of his new "Hopper " friend
Hayden wanted to keep under his net, I had to convince Hayden we couldnt keep him under that net and that "Hopper" needed to live in the grass to eat and be free.
It took lots of convincing and he didnt really want to let him go
but eventually he did and all was well with the world.
Our backyard is sooo much fun!

Here is the grasshopper/cricket he caught... one of them jumped ship
The 'Hopper' is underneath the net where he wants to keep him always!
making his new friend a comfy home with a shell house
I told him they needed grass and he needed to let him go free
so he got his friend grass and put it under the net for him
ha ha
I told him that wasnt going to work!

My boy is getting soo big I tell you!!

sniff sniff


Me and my Bug-Catcher!



Thats it for this Blog post...


Somer Jane

No comments: